Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fun Filled Labor Day Weekend



Tripp and I spent Labor Day weekend in Mentone, Alabama with Tripp's family. We were all gathering to spend time together but to more importantly be there to share in Emmaline's (our niece) baptism. We left Houston early Saturday morning, made it to Birmingham, and then spent a couple of hours driving with Tripp's grandmothers from the airport to the Griffith residence. When we arrived in Mentone, we greeted all of the family and enjoyed a delicious lunch outside. Tripp went on the river with some of the
men while I went with Ms. Kat and Aunt Stacey to the church to help with flowers. Our job was to make two flower arrangements for the altar for the church service on Sunday. I told Ms. Kat and Aunt Stacey that I did not know much about flowers, but they insisted that I would be great at helping. With lots of direction and help, we ended up with two beautiful arrangements.

We spend the rest of the evening visiting with family, especially little Miss Emmaline! We had a delicious family dinner to end the day.

Sunday morning after a quick breakfast, we all bean getting ready for the special church. It was a very nice church service attended by many people there to support and love Emmaline. She was so good throughout the service, but was a little surprised when water was put on her head! After the service, we had lunch with the church congregation.

Once home from church, Tripp and I changed clothes and headed outside. Tripp really wanted me to shoot a gun, so me, Tripp, Collie, and Natalie got a .22 Rifle and the necessary bullets and went to a clear area. Tripp and Collie set up some cans to shoot and demonstrated the way to shoot. I shot twice and I was done! It was soo heavy and hard to aim and scary!


After my shooting lesson, we went to the river for a canoe ride. Tripp rowed and I sat!  
 Next, we went into the woods so that Tripp could try his hand at making a fire from sticks and rocks. Watching "nature" shows on television gave Tripp some ideas. It was a great attempt, but fire was not made :(
That evening we played Apples to Apples and then ate another fabulous meal. Monday morning, Tripp and I cleaned out his old room, ate lunch, visited with family, and left for the airport. It was a great trip!
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment