Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cake Class #1

My friend Alyssa asked me back in August if I wanted to take a cake decorating class with her. I quickly took the offer as I thought it would be something fun to learn. The class is a series of 4 Saturday classes, each class being 3 hours long. Once signing up, I had a huge task to undertake--buying supplies! There is quite an extensive list of supplies needed for the 4 classes. I decided to start buying early and taking adventage of the coupins offered for Hobby Lobby and Michaels. The stores soon became a stop on my drive home from work to pick up another supply.

For the first class, we were required to bring 6 sugar cookies along with a bag of other supplies. I felt strange bringing in store-bought or roll-out dough cookies so I decided to try making homemade cookies. I got Tripp to help and before we knew it we had made a batch of sugar cookies coming out of the oven.
In the class, we learned about: how to bake a great cake, cake pans, making homemade buttercream icing, tinting icing, piping bags, tips, piping stars, piping rosettes, piping shells, and more.

1 comment:

  1. How much fun! You need to practice on your skills for your coworkers :)

    ReplyDelete