Thursday, December 23, 2010

Family visit

The first weekend of November brought my mom, dad, and youngest sister, Claire, to Houston. They were in Houston for another round of tests to monitor my dad's lymphoma. They arrived at our apartment Thursday night late after a day of doctor visits, exploring Houston, and attending a Joyce Meyer's convention. They arrived with enough time to get settled and make plans for the next day.

Friday morning, Claire came to work with me to check out the school where I work and to learn more about the daily adventures of my job. While Claire was at work with me, my parents relaxed until they picked Claire up around 12:30 so they could make it to another doctor's appointment.  My work day ended with a phone call from my parents letting me know that my dad continues to be in remission!!!

We celebrated another great MD Anderson visit and my mom's early birthday with dinner at Carrabas. We had great food and drinks before heading home to enjoy a homemade cake for mom's birthday. We ended the night by playing Outburst.

Saturday morning, the fam left and Tripp and I spent the rest of the weekend packing for Italy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment