Sunday, October 16, 2011

San Antonio

Tripp had signed up for an audiology conference in San Antonio. It worked out that I was able to join him for the weekend. Late afternoon on Friday, we drove to San Antonio. Once we checked into our Riverwalk hotel, Tripp attended a welcome reception as I started the relaxing! There is not much more relaxing than laying in a hotel bed watching tv. Once Tripp returned, we walked to a nearby Mexican restaurant Rosario's that came recommended by the hotel. The food was delicious!
Saturday morning, Tripp headed to his conference which left me with the day to relax. I took advantage of the free time by watching a movie, cleaning out my email inbox, and working out. I then walked a few blocks to the mall. I browsed around but was not impressed with the selection of stores :( I grabbed some lunch and then sat outside to enjoy a magazine and listen to a band. It was soo pretty outside.
Pretty view!

They were really good!

After returning from the mall, I sat on one of th porches at the hotel and read a book. It was very relaxing!
Saturday evening, I went with Tripp and all of the other conference attendees to the Rio Cibolo Ranch. The Ranch is a functioning ranch just outside of San Antonio. We were greeted by some real "cowboys" and quickly entered the "saloon." There was a ton of texas food, live music, pool tables, hay rides, ping ping, basketball, and the most delicious dessert--cobblers in every flavor with homemade ice cream! It was a fun way to end the day!


Sunday morning, I headed to mass as Tripp headed back to his conference. After mass, I did some more reading and packed up. Then before I knew it, it was time to make our way back to Houston. It was a relaxing, enjoyable weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Was the ranch you visited like the ranch on Modern Family? ;)

    ReplyDelete