Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

 I can't believe that 2010 is over! 2010 brought us an amazing year full of events that we will never forget. Some of the highlights of the year include: our wedding, friends' weddings, birth of our first niece, graduations, new friendships, time with family, time with friends, exploring Houston, honeymoon in Mexico, vacation to Italy, loss of a friend, illness in family members, strengthening friendships, and the list could continue. It has been a fantastic year, but we are looking forward to another year filled with more memories!!

We spent this New Year's Eve with some new friends we made this year. We went to dinner, hung out at their house, and then went to watch a beautiful fireworks display.

I typically don't really make resolutions for the new year, but this year I am using the fresh start to focus on a few things in my life.

1. Renew my faith by making Sunday mass a priority in my life and renewing my prayer life.
2. Making exercise part of my routine again. I hope to incorporate exercise 3-4 times a week.
3. Get back to healthier eating. What they say about gaining weight in your first year of marriage is unfortunately true!
4.Explore more of what Houston has to offer us from the beautiful parks to the great theater productions.
5. Read more books!
We hope that our New Year's Day lunch of ham, black eyed pea patties, and cabbage coleslaw will get us off to a great start to 2011!! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment