Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend in New Orleans

Tripp and I spent last weekend in New Orleans! We drove in Friday night after work, so we did not arrive until close to 11:30. We chatted with my parents and then headed to bed. Saturday morning, I got a great haircut from my very talented sister Claire. My mom, sister, and I met my dad and Tripp at Parkway Bakery for lunch. We enjoyed awesome ham, shrimp, and roast beef po-boys. I then ran errands with my mom.

After getting back to my parents' house, we got ready for the Light the Night Walk at a nearby park. Just in case you did not read an earlier post about the walk, it is a walk raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. A team was formed in honor of my dad for the walk. When we arrived at the park, we were surprised to see the amount of tents, tables, and food. Soon after we arrived, a group of my dad's co-workers, my mom's co-workers, family friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents began arriving. We visited, enjoyed the food, and the live music.

Just before the actual walk began, we were treated to some entertainment from the 610 Stompers. What a way to get the crowds pumped up!! Then the walk began with each of us carrying a lighted balloon.  What a fun and successful night with over $180,000 raised to help find a cure for blood cancers!!!

Claire with her favorite brother-in-law!

Cousins

Tripp and I

Me and my dad

Dad's co-workers

610 Stompers

On the walk

No comments:

Post a Comment