Saturday, October 2, 2010

Final Class!

 My cake class came to a close this morning. Our assignment was to design a cake, make the cake, make the icing, frost the cake, make flowers, dry the flowers, and bring it to class to decorate. Since I had a lot to prepare, I worked on little bits throughout the week. I made and tinnted icing on Tuesday, made flowers on Wednesday, make my cake on Thursday, and frosted the cake and gathered all of the materials on Friday. I cam up with a design consisting of a white buttercream frosted cake with orage colored ribbon roses, coral colored swirl drop flowers, coral colored rosette border, and orange colored dots scattrered on the cake. I had a few hiccups during the week, but I was ready to go for today! Here are some pictures of the preparation for today:

With all of my materials in hand, we got a lesson on writing with icing, a few other tips, some houseskeeping items handled, some help on ribbon roses, and we were off to decorate. Here is my final cake and my certificate from the class. I am roud of myself for completing the course and learning so many new things! Here's to baking!!!



1 comment:

  1. oh so artful! Congrats on your official cake decorator status.

    ReplyDelete