Friday, July 23, 2010

Light the Night Walk

Some of you may know that my dad was diagnosed with a form of lymphoma in November 2008. My dad has endured many doctor's appointments, tests, pain, and mental exhaustion through the last year and a half. I think one thing that has been uplifting during these hard times has been all of the support he has been given. I knew he would feel supported by his family and close friends, but I have been surprised to see all of the others that have sent their love and support to him and our family.

I received an email a few weeks ago from my mom about a walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma and honestly barely read the email. But an email I recieved yesterday, really caught my attention. The email was from my dad that had something about a Lymphoma walk team in the subject line. In the body of the email it said "FYI." Being curious, I read below. I was confused at first because the email was reading something about a team in honor of my dad for  this walk being held in October in Metairie, LA. But the email was not sent from my dad or even a family member or close friend. The email was from a person named Denise. Confused, I called my mom for an explaination. My mom explained that someone from an insurance company that my dad deals with in his job has started a team, "Walking with Friends," in honor of my dad. I was so touched that someone/group pf people decided that a team should be formed for my dad! Here is the link to my dad's team page

So, our goal is to get as many people as possible to join our team to show support for my dad's journey and for the journey of so many others effected by blood cancers. If you would like to join us for the walk and/or make a donation to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, please visit this link to help us make a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment