Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Half Anniversary

Tripp and I have never been the kind of couple to celebrate monthly anniversaries, but I decided to do something special on our "half wedding anniversary." Friday, July 16, 2010 marked six months of marriage for Tripp and I. Since I am off of work for a few weeks, I dedcided to take some of my free time to plan a special dinner for us. Last week I spent time compiling a menu consisting of an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. With a menu and grocery list in hand, I spent Friday morning gathering all of the ingredients I needed for stuffed mushrooms, spinach salad with balsamic vinegarette, paneed veal, roasted asparagus, saffron risotto, and peanut butter chocolate fondue. I also thought it would be fun to use our fine china that is being stored in boxes in our closet. it was so fun to pull out the gorgeous china, sparkling crystal stemware, serving dishes, and new table linens!!

I spent the day setting the table and cooking. When Tripp walked in the door and saw our table set for dinner, he was surprised and smiling. We started with our appetizers that he loved! I started working on finishing up our meal with Tripp's help. When everything was ready, we sat down to a delicious meal and a glass of wine.

Once dinner was finished and we let our food settle a bit, it was time for fondue!! We started melting the chocolate and peanut butter and had fun dipping strawberries, marshmallows, pretzels, and bananas.
Tripp loved making sounds with the crystal

It was a wonderful evening! We have had a great first six months of marriage and look forward to many more months of growing as a couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment